Mainframes cobol Online Training
The Language, Statements and Potentials of Mainframes COBOL Online Training
A growing IT workforce needs all the information necessary to handle powerful IBM mainframes. This is where ambitious admins look for mainframes COBOL online training for added data processing knowledge.
Where Does COBOL Come From?
COBOL – Common Business Oriented Language – is a central language used in business applications. It is the primary language used in IBM machines. It is used not only in commercial but governmental and military agencies as well. While there are more update mainframe platforms in use now, over 60% still use COBOL for legacy machines. That means there is still a big need for IT professionals with COBOL online training to maintain all the mainframes that run on that language.
A Distinct Language to Learn
What is interesting about COBOL is that it does not use simple text files like other coding languages. That means that student must learn how to use PS (Physical Sequential) and (VSAM Virtual Storage) Access Method files. They work under five basic terms:
· Field: The data stored in the file
· Record: collection of fields used for description
· Physical Record: the record that exists on an external device
· Logical Record: the record used by the program itself
· File: a collection of selected records
The most common objects in mainframes COBOL online training that are used in tutorials are edited pictures and sequential files.
Making Statements with COBOL
The fundamentals of COBOL move towards basic computer programming statements that newcomers might not know but will definitely serve as a refresher for coders. Here are some that apply to COBOL.
· PERFORM: loop statements allow necessary tasks to be done in repetition until it is over, and COBOL provides that
· Conditional: statements like END-IF and Nested-IF affect the flow of data depending on the conditions set by the programmer.
· Table Processing: Sorting through an array of data using declarations
What a Mainframes COBOL Online Training Can Bring
An in-depth COBOL course will delve into mainframe concepts old and new to rookie and experienced IT professionals. The following is just a small subset of what a complete training can offer.
· Pointer Variables: Learn the definition of pointers, how to initial and read/write them, and manipulate data using them
· Understanding Literals: Learning the definition of a key part of source code language structure
· Data Declaration: Understand how to declare alphanumeric data items through data division and table declaration, understand differences between one- and two-dimensional tables
· JCL: Learn to execute a COBOL program via JCL through compiling, running, and data-passing
· The USAGE Clause: Understanding how the concept of internal data representation maximizes efficiency
· COBOL Tutorials: Learn through tutorials such as step-by-step sample payroll programs and many others
Taking COBOL beyond the Mainframe
Once a student has more experience with COBOL they can explore new options. There are online emulators that can putting someone through a virtual mainframe environment without actually accessing a real one. There are many types of mainframes COBOL online training to choose from but it is important to choose the one that will assist them in processing the efficiency of their business. With that, their job and profits will extend to great heights.
- Over 40 lectures and 40 hours of content!
- LIVE PROJECT End to End Software Testing Training Included.
- Information packed practical training starting from basics to advanced testing techniques.
- Best suitable for beginners to advanced level users and who learn faster when demonstrated.
- Course content designed by considering current software testing technology and the job market.
- Practical assignments at the end of every session.
- Practical learning experience with live project work and examples.
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 40 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 5
- Assessments Self
Request a call to get course content